VILLAGE GREENS MONDAY DOGFIGHT
RULES & FORMATS Updated 3/17
(Format changes may be made due to extreme weather conditions)
- 1st Monday: Blind Partner (team) Draw, net score total scoring. Size of team is based on total
number of players. Choose your own foursome!
- 2nd Monday: Team Competition, best two (2) scores for each hole. Scoring is by gross scoring. Prizes for: Best Front, back, & total. All ties are shared. Each player must score at least two (2) holes per side (nine holes).
- 3rd Monday: Points Competition. Individual scores by adding points earned with handicap (Maximum Handicap is 30). Points: Bogies “1”, Pars “2”, Birdies “4”, Eagle “6”. (Handicap Group Competition). Choose your own foursome!
- 4th Monday: Individual NET score. (Hndcp Group Competition). Choose your own foursome!
- 5th Monday: “Texas Scramble” Team chooses best drive then all players play individual ball to the Team scores with best two scores for each hole. Scoring is by gross scoring. Prizes for: Best Front, back, & total. All ties are shared. Each player must score at least two (2) holes per side (nine holes).
Birdie Pot is awarded through SKINS format.
- All players must register and pay prior to teeing off. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to shotgun tee times! (Starting 9:30 am Nov-March, 8:30 am April-October)
- Rolling ball within 12” in the rough and fairway is permissible as long as sight/flight line to the hole is not improved by such movement. A ball being played from a hazard must not be moved.
- All “out of bounds” balls must be re-hit from original location and the player is penalized both stroke and distance.
- There will be NO “GIMMES.” All putts must be played to the hole with all strokes counting up to a triple bogey (see 6 below). No exceptions please!
- “Greenies” are awarded only when a player pars the hole. Therefore, do not lift prior player’s marker until you have secured your par. Last group will bring in all markers.
- Please pick up ball after triple bogey attempt and score a triple bogey on the scorecard.
- Keep pace with group in front of you. Under normal conditions there is no reason why any group should finish more than 20 minutes later than the first finishing group.
- Tee boxes: Men ages 21- 54 “White Tees”, Men 55-79 “Gold tees”, Men 80+ & Women “Red Tees”
- Please return all scorecards to scoring area before unloading at Parking Lot.